Tuesday, March 10, 2009

spring is almost here

The past couple of weeks have been really hectic. I have been able to continue my weeknight combo of Wii and trainer and weekend hikes and rides. This past weekend was a mixed bag for me. On Saturday, CTNEMBA host a chainsaw safety course. It was a really good session. I was bummed about the fact that it was 65 degrees and could not ride but the quality of the training made up for it.
Sunday was a tough day for me. We had to put down one of our cats. Monty was a great cat and quite the trooper. We had been treating for cancer for the past 4 years! He was my first pet after getting out of college. Fortunately, I was able to get out for a hike and then 40 miles on the road to help clear my head and give me some good training.
I saw that our bikes will be shipping soon. I am really looking forward to that. The race season is coming up quickly. The first race is April 11th. I hope the mud is gone by then.

1 comment:

  1. Spring is almost here, time to put the cover wax on the skis and pump up the tires.

    ReplyDelete