Tuesday, March 24, 2009

recovery from hiking in the Whites



After the hike in the Whites I was pretty beat up. Carrying a 40lb pack and hiking is quite the departure from cycling. I did still manage to get right into my spring routine. I rode to and from work on Wednesday (45 mi.) as my first commute to work after the time change. It really changes your mindset when you get to ride home in the daylight. Even though I was tired when I got home I had certainly decompressed from a day of lengthy management meetings.




Friday night the GT clothing arrived and Lars promptly took his stab at wearing my clothing. The jersey was abit big but he seemed to like it.


Then on Sat morning at 7:29am the bike arrived! Not that I was tracking it at all. By 10 I was on the bike putting it through its paces. Nice bike! I will have to put a longer stem and riser bars on it to make it fit perfect. It sure did ride well.

On Sunday it was Lars and I together all day so we spent some time playing in the yard and cleaning the garage. After lunch we headed out for a good road ride. I put him in the trailer and spent nearly 4 hours pedaling. Great training. Nothing like an extra 40 pounds behind you as you are going up hill.

Tomorrow I will head out on the GT again to test the new bar combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment