Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time flies

I can't believe that it has been two weeks since I last posted! It has been a busy two weeks. I have been doing the usual training by riding to work and the weekend family rides.

Last weekend I raced the Winding Trails race in Farmington, CT. Lars and I got there early to get a good spot for the Dirt Coalition tent. We were 100 feet or so from the start line. Once we got the tent set up we camped out under it and had lunch. As usual Lars used his outgoing personality and smile to draw people over to the tent. We talked to several NEMBA members about the goings on in their area of the state and fielded a bunch of questions about GT. As we reached the hottest point of the day (92 degrees!) I got ready for the race. When Mel arrived (she rode from home), I headed for a lap of the course. It was in good shape and would be a fast day. The race started out quickly. During the second lap of the race the heat started to take its toll on me. I was going through the usual thoughts of dropping out but that wasn't going to happen today. As I was descending one of the final hills of the course, I could see Mel and Lars in the corner and Lars yelled "Go Dada!" That is just what I needed to get remotivated and recharge for the remainder of the race. All in all I improved over my finish at Hopbrook. I came in 18th. If I can maintain my steady climb in finishing spots I should be in the top ten before the season is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment